Why am I asking?
Because I have a stigma with not being happy.
When I’m not happy, I think there is something REALLY wrong with me. Once I make it wrong, I get stuck in the downward spiral and it really, really sucks. Here’s what I tell myself:
- No one can love me like this
- Something is wrong with me that I’m like this
- I shouldn’t be like this
And then it gets worse by people’s comments:
- you can’t have this negative energy
- you need to have positive energy
- what’s wrong with you.
- you talk monotone
- you’re a downer
- you’re always complaining
- you’re attracting the negative – it’s your own fault
- you’re creating your own reality
(OK honestly, I don’t even know if it’s other people saying all this, or if I’m saying it to myself).
Needless to say, it all gets me more stuck. And when I’m stuck, I’m REALLY, REALLY STUCK.
What I can see is that I can be however I am: happy, unhappy, moody, tearful, frustrated and the only stigma is what I AM ADDING. Anyone else can have their opinions and who cares?
There is no ONE WAY to be in the world and if you’re not that way, YOU ARE WRONG. There is no BOOK OF RIGHT WAY TO BE.
The only person I need to be ok with is me. And I can be any way I damn well please.
Thank you for listening.