I’ve only REALLY been stuck at home since yesterday.
And I have to say that I like it so far.
I have been more connected to people being home than I usually am.
We are using Zoom. I have been doing courses using Zoom for a few years. It is an amazing technology that everyone can use. You feel like you are in the same living room even though you are just using your computer.
You can try it for free. Or, reach out to me and I will set up a call with you to show you what it can do. It is truly remarkable.
I am not a sales person for zoom.
I just know that I am feeling connected even though I am literally alone in my house.
I don’t know how bad this Corona thing is going to get. There are several interpretations I have:
- stay home – you’ll be fine
- stay home and hope you weren’t infected before you got home
- basically stay home
- I’ve heard most of us won’t know we even have the virus – we are doing this for the people at risk and for the healthcare system
- Stay calm – it’s no big deal
- Hope you don’t get it and neither does anyone you know
- And my original thought that I am happy to report I don’t have anymore – WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE – ENJOY YOUR LAST FEW DAYS ON EARTH – SAY GOODBYE TO LOVED ONES – SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY SINCE YOU CAN’T TAKE IT WITH YOU – ADIOS AMIGOS!!
I hope you enjoyed the last bullet. I had fun writing it because that’s what I originally thought. I was literally looking around the gym two weeks ago thinking that in two weeks we would all be dead. I am happy to report that that was not the case.
I have heard from doctors saying that this is all overblown.
That this is the same SAR virus from several years back. At that time it was not overblown and not all over social media so there was no widespread panic.
I have heard that healthy people will be fine.
And I heard about a healthy young man who had the virus, had to be hospitalized due to burning in his chest, but now is fine.
The point is, we really don’t know what to believe.
The best thing we can do is: Have Courage and Be Kind. Have Faith. Stay connected by phone or virtually. Support each other.
I know that I am unusally positive. It surprises me, too. I think I rise to a challenge way better than I do to normal every day funks. I am energized by the opportunity to connect in new ways and support each other.
I hope you are all well. Please reach out if you want to stay connected.